Monday, October 02, 2006

What is it about Harpers Bazaar?

When asked about my favorite magazine I really didn't know how to pick one. I enjoy the Times because of it's current events. But as far as a recreational magazine I have always enjoyed reading Harper's Bazaar. All through high school I enjoyed this magazine because of their cover on fashion. I enjoy fashion and it's changing trends. I guess I use the magazine as a reference to see the new trends and purchase fashionable clothes. One of the parts I most enjoyed in the magazine was the part were the people ask questions and the editor answers them. A lot of the questions asked were the same concerns I had. I guess because the magazine specifically targets people who are interested in fashion it would be common for the consumers to have the same questions. I actually find that it is a good thing that magazines are so specific that way the consumer is satisfied with what they purchase. Another great feature that the magazine has is they also say where you could find some of the clothes that they are displaying. Like the new look of the moment and exactly where to get it. Now that's specific and very helpful for those who are not non-stop shoppers. It makes it easy for people to quickly find what their looking for. At the same time the magazine is advertising certain stores and the consumer is more likely to also purchase the clothes in the stores provided. I also enjoy the layout of most of the pages, they are focused on the models and what they are wearing. The first thing that catches your eye is the look that is being advertised making it easier to picture if the certain style of the look is one that would suit you. Now for people who could care less about fashion the magazine is useless but I enjoyed it through high school and still purchase it from time to time.
Find out more about it @ http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fnn/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, the question was not "what is your favorite magazine."