Monday, October 16, 2006

Television Inovasion

Through out the years there have been several interesting television shows aired. While some shows ruled the critic ratings then quickly died off, others clung on to the high ratings and lasted an eternal amount of time providing the same boring drama season after season. Some viewers enjoy the excitement, drama, suspense, emotions and reality of the shows aired. Now it is those series producers trying to figure out what really makes us, as the viewer, not change the remote and tune in day after day. Only a few programs have gotten loyalty out of me. Those shows are True Life , Beverly Hills 90210, and 30 days.


True Life is a show aired on MTV. It is a documentary with think mtv to try totakcle real issues. The program follows people around that all have the same 'issue' or problem in common. It shows how they live and the obstacles they have to overcome here in America. There is such a sincerity to the stories I enjoy. What the people are just like you and I. The program just shows the reality and gravity of life but always has a positive message to give to help those of us who are viewers and may face similar situations. Some of the shows themes have been, "I'm addicted to Methaphenamies" "I'm getting plastic surgery," and "I have an eating disorder." These problems are dealing with people today, they are relevant of today's society, from being gay to cheating spouses, it really covers a lot.

One of the programs I grew up on was Beverly Hills 90210. This program was targeted at teens and the problems they faced. It was very entertaining but at the same time it dealed with problems such as drugs, teen pregnancy, and friendship. It truly was a huge success making the cast overnight stars. I love it because it yelling out "Wake Up" to people like me, the youth by showing true situations.

Thirty Days is a new very smart program dealing with social and political issues in the headlines today. It's by Morgan Spurlock the same director of "Supersize Me" This show is also completely relevant and very controversial. It usually makes two families or people with clashing views interact to see weather their beliefs will change. Some of the programs themes were gay marriages, immigration,and living on minimum wage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Digital memory,to me, is something that I seem to be unable to ever have enough of. It feels like megabytes and gigabytes have become a permanent part of my every day existence. Ever since I bought a Micro SD Card for my Nintendo DS flash card, I've been on the constant lookout for high memory at low prices. It's driving me crazy.

(Posted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://crystalguo.vox.com/library/post/how-does-the-r4i-or-r4-work.html]R4i[/url] N3T)