Monday, December 11, 2006

The Type of Media Consumer I am


At the beginning of this course I was asked what type of what type of media consumer I was then. Today it is easy to see the evolution and growth I have had since then. I am a news consumer. I like to watch the news as well as look for the latest news on the Internet. I have learned how to navigate the Internet and find things of my interest better than before. My interest include pop-culture, controversial subjects and anything that reports of social inequality in society. I have actually pulled away from television a lot, I simply have no time for it anymore. I am attracted to media available to me when I want it and that interest me. I am still into magazines but am also into journalist that have something substantial say. From time to time I look for articles in the Mercury Post that may catch my eye. Prior to this I had no clue how important it is to be selective with the media you consume. People magazine is just not cutting it anymore, I don't feel like paying for information which I can access immediately and with less hassle on the Internet. I no longer am interested on my space I want something better. I want entertainment, relevance, and importance all in one. I am looking to figures such as Anderson Cooper, Maria Elena Salinas and community leaders for my media.

No comments: