Monday, November 20, 2006

Generation M, Do you know what it is?

I never new I was part of generation until I read this. It is anyone born between 1980 and 2000, so if you fall under that according to Chris Pearson a blogger, we are part of it. He apparently read it on a New York Times article by Betsy Israel named The Overconnecteds. The whole point of the article is explaining how now this new generation is using much more technological advances. We use the Internet, ipods, and have many more friends than probably our parents had at our age. Eighty seven percent of twelve to seventeen year olds are regularly on-line. I think that the whole idea of generation M is fairly accurate, we are living in a technological world. My question is how are we applying this technology? Sure we have these advances but is having three-hundred friends on my space considered having more friends than our parents did. Maybe we are loosing the quality of having a evening of productivity in the outdoors and having really true authentic friends. Regardless we cant avoid being part of this generation and maybe we should learn ways to use this technology to make the world a better place.

No comments: